The Pandemic is causing stress, anxiety, depression, panic behavior, and many other assorted reactions. Remain calm, we will not run out of food, water, or other supplies. On top of all this, many are asked to work at home with their children being home from canceled schools for weeks. Now is the time to take a deep breath and follow a few tips to make it go quickly and stress free or at least less stress.
1. Get your exercise. Many states have closed the gyms and fitness centers, so take a walk or do an in home exercise. Whether you are a morning or evening person, plan your schedule accordingly. You probably still have some DVD’s sitting around that are useful. There are plenty of YouTube, apps and on demand shows that will get you a good work out. Many allow a 30 day free trial, which is perfect for this time period.
2. Take a shower in the morning. Bring refreshed and clean will give you the feeling and energy to do a complete day of work.
3. Get dressed as if you are going to work or in something other than pajamas. This too will give you the feeling and energy you will need for the day.
4. If you are home with the kids, make sure they have some thing to do. There are hundreds of computer apps out there with learning and hopefully your school is providing them with learning lessons and homework to complete. Give them 15 min breaks every hour or so. If possible, send them into the yard to run around and burn off some of that energy.
5. Explain the situation as best and as stress free as possible. It does no good to put them in a worry or stress state. Tell them you will be working from home and need times of quiet to get your work complete. If you are to be on a phone or video call, make sure they know that and set a timer as to when they can speak with you again.
6. Eat lunch with them and have fun conversations so they still feel connected and not worried or stressed.
7. When your work is complete, be present and give them your undivided attention for a short time.
8. Plan your meals so that is not a stress factor for you. Many restaurants are still delivering or allowing take out, so still take advantage of it when you can.